There are two ways to participate in the conference:
Do you have a manuscript? A story, essay, or handful of poems? Would you like feedback? Workshops are led by exceptional faculty who will help writers in various stages of development take their work to the next level.
• Registration for workshops are processed on a first-come, first-served basis until workshops are filled.
• Workshops are capped at 15 participants for three-hour discussions each morning.
• If your desired workshop is filled, you may have the option of enrolling in another workshop if you submit a writing sample in that genre.
• The cost is $475.00 (a savings of $225.00 off the cost of previous, in-person conferences), which includes all classes, panels, readings, as well as our 81st Anniversary Special Event. This includes the $25.00 registration fee.
• Participants must pay in full to secure their spot in a workshop.
Are you interested in generating new work? Exploring a new genre? Having the opportunity to ask faculty questions? Classes offer the flexibility to learn about new craft techniques and writing life practices.
• You don't have to submit your writing to register and you won't be required to share your work with others.
• Classes are held in one-hour sessions, three times each day.
• You can choose to go to all classes, every day, or just some of them. Cater to your experience!
• The cost is $125.00 (a savings of $275.00 off the cost of previous, in-person conferences), and includes access to all classes, panels, readings, as well as our 81st Anniversary Special Event. This includes the $25.00 registration fee.
• Participants must pay in full to secure their spot in classes.
How to Register
Please read the following instructions. You will also find detailed instruction as you work through the online registration form. A $25.00 nonrefundable registration fee is required; we cannot process your application without it. We will apply this fee toward your final bill.
Participants must pay in full to secure their place in a workshop unless applying for a scholarship.
Please note: If you are applying for a scholarship, you must pay the registration fee of $25.00 and begin the registration process. If you are selected for a full or partial scholarship, we will give you detailed instructions about how to proceed at that time. If you are not selected for a scholarship, you may pay the remaining balance. We are only able to guarantee enrollment in the workshops to those selected for scholarships and applicants who have paid in full.
Up until May 1, 2021 we will charge a $50.00 fee for cancellation. The balance of your conference fees will be fully refunded.
Any cancellation after May 1, 2021 is not eligible for a refund under any circumstance.
Turn in your Workshop Manuscript as soon as it is completed.
Registration remains open through the start of the conference.
After your registration is complete, and you have paid in full for all conference fees, please send your finished manuscript to us at: email@example.com. Please use the subject header “‘Your Last Name’ ‘Genre’ Manuscript” when sending to us.
- If you have registered for the Fiction Workshop or Creative Nonfiction Workshop, you will need to submit a prose manuscript (i.e. short story, multiple flash pieces, novel excerpt, essay, etc.) between 15 and 20 double-spaced pages.
- If you have registered for the Poetry Workshop, you will need to submit a manuscript between 8 and 10 pages.
- Participants attending classes need not submit a manuscript.
All manuscripts must:
- Have a header on each page of the submission, including your name, manuscript title and page number.
- Double-space the document.
- Use 12-point, Times New Roman font.
Once we have the manuscripts, we will distribute them by e-mail to each person in your workshop group, in advance of the conference. Please give yourself ample time to read and offer meaningful feedback on the manuscripts of your peers before arriving.